Consistently recognized as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces! This premier electrical contractor is searching for an experienced Safety Technician to join our Safety Team.
This is an immediate, full-time opening.
Reporting to Safety Director, the Safety Technician position provides support for the development and implementation of Prime’s Accident Prevention Program addressing workplace and occupational health and safety risks at project sites. This position plays a key role in supporting the on-going implementation and sustainment of the safety and health programs focused on protecting workers from physical hazards and exposures to hazardous materials. This position serves as a resource to employees, consultants, and contractors in order to ensure safe work practices at construction sites.
- Assist the Safety Director and Project Management (PM/PE, Superintendent, General Foreman, Foreman) in providing a safe work site for Prime employees.
- Assist implant project teams in investigations of safety & health incidents and near misses; identify root cause and follow up on corrective actions.
- Attend the pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including preparatory meetings, and periodic in-progress meetings.
- Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Coordinates and conducts safety training
- Assist in the injury management (i.e. Return to work)
- Test workplaces for environmental hazards such as exposure to radiation, chemical and biological hazards, and excessive noise.
- Evaluate situations where a worker has refused to work on the grounds that danger or potential harm exists and determine how such situations should be handled.
- Manages and keeps employee safety documentation
- Documents non-compliance or hazardous conditions found, and the remedial action taken.
- Maintain storage areas, consumable supply inventories, and personnel protection equipment.
- Maintains all Safety and Safety Training records
- Reviews all safety programs of contractors for completeness and applicability for the prescribed scope of work.
- Review all MOP’s for completeness and applicability for the prescribed scope of work.
- Participates on a variety of committees as assigned
- Attend and participates in professional group meetings/training
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to area of assignment; ensures processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensures accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws, Agency policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in a safety role in the construction or electrical industry
- OSHA 10/30 Construction
- OSHA 510 – desired
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) Preferred
- Experience working with health and safety regulatory compliance agencies at the local, state and federal levels.
- Experience performing incident investigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct presentations and training courses.
- Possess great interpersonal skills causing influence and change in the area of safety.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with auditor safety software preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Compensation: DOE
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; no premium cost to employee
- Life and Disability Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Program / Profit Sharing / Discretionary Bonus
- Wellness Program which includes health club reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Benefit, Legal Benefit
- Paid Holidays & PTO Package
- Onsite Gym and Weekly Yoga
- Bagel Fridays
Prime Electric does not engage with or utilize recruiting or placement agencies for any recruiting or hiring needs. Prime hiring managers are not authorized to review or accept resume referrals from any agencies.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.