(Relocation provided to Winnipeg from within Canada)
As a Director of Sales and Operations with The North West Company (NWC), you will lead the execution of all company programs and achieve operational excellence amongst a group of store locations. This position allows for the unique opportunity to work directly with store managers and head office with the objective to achieve all performance targets and align priorities with NWC strategies.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Create and execute plans to ensure stores reach full performance potential;
- Achieve full understanding of the competitive landscape and community relations with adaptation to unique market factors;
- Develop and coach store managers to achieve cascading company initiatives;
- Simplify work for stores by bringing forward store managers’ ideas for continuous improvement;
- Ensure the execution of employee training and development programs, by working with the Operations Support Team and Corporate Human Resources;
- Work collaboratively with communities to optimize local hiring;
- Ensure implementation of required processes to enable store managers to recruit, retain and develop local store teams to drive quality growth;
- Forecast hiring needs for management staff in the division;
- In conjunction with store managers, plan, develop, nurture, and maintain long-term business relationships with community stakeholders, business partners, political leaders, and customers;
- Analyze operating results and KPI performance within the division. Plan and develop action plans with store managers for underperforming stores;
- Develop detailed implementation plans, adapting to each division’s, and community’s local needs based on customer & community feedback;
- Ensure controllable costs are well managed to deliver on budget; and
- Deliver community reports annually.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Senior Manager experience in a retail environment with multi location experience;
- Post-secondary education (degree, diploma, or certification) or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail;
- Proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and assignments while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Must work well in a fast paced dynamic team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships within the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information;
- Possess or have the desire to develop an in-depth understanding of NWC’s customers; and
- Able to accommodate a schedule with extensive travel of 90 to 120 days per year.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Vice President, Canadian Sales & Operations
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.