Location: Downtown Chicago (near trains)
Our client is a highly analytical, team-based, trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. The client has a great culture, excellent benefits and a strong compensation plan.
Our client is hiring a full-time/permanent Storage Engineer to enhance their storage area network by maintaining their block and file storage arrays. This person will have the opportunity to design storage arrays and lead new hardware implementation. Technically this person will be hands-on in troubleshooting and overseeing storage provisioning and monitoring. The ideal candidate will be someone who’s passionate about storage solution design and wants to take ownership of the design/implementation of new switches\ISLs, zoning, and migrations. The Storage Engineer will also need to provide analysis of application storage requirements and design of new storage system configurations.
- Bachelor of Science degree (Math, Computer Science, Engineering +++)
- Clear communications to discuss storage technologies technically and conceptually.
- Ability to explain the data path for Fibre Channel, CIFS, NFS, and backup operations, including internal array operations (caching, raid calculations, tiering) and relative cost and latency of each step.
- Proven experience utilizing EMC XtremIO and Netapp FAS arrays (including performance troubleshooting) and Brocade zoning and ISL creation.
- Scripting experience utilizing REST apis of common storage vendors.
- Background with local storage stack on Redhat, ESXi, and\or Windows servers (including HBA\NIC firmware\drivers, multi pathing software) and clustering software.