DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the overall manufacturing effort of the organization through the coordination and management of manufacturing, quality assurance, purchasing, and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the strategy and long term planning of the Harrisburg operations to ensure continued success in meeting customer expectations.
- Directs and plans the operational efforts of the manufacturing function to ensure compliance with company policies and practices in areas such as safety, IATF16946 and all regulatory agencies.
- Works with sales and marketing to ensure customer satisfaction relative to delivery, cost and quality.
- Determines the capital requirements and effectively manages the capital planning and spending.
- Develops plans and strategies for ensuring the efficient use of materials, machines and human resources.
- Coordinates the activities of division or department such as operating, manufacturing, engineering, quality, warehouse, sales, maintenance, and HR to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Responsible for all budget preparation for assigned areas, as well as monitoring budget performance to budget.
- Responsible for operational income and production metrics success as defined by the corporate office. Deliver profitability.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program or operations changes to be implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Candidate should have 10-15 years of related experience in progressive management in a plastics injection molding manufacturing environment. Bachelor’s degree preferred in a business, technical / engineering or related field. Experience in dynamic growth environments including plant start-ups, turnarounds, or expansions. Hands-on experience as a Plant Manager and proven results utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Toyota Production System tools. Demonstrated ability to lead cultural change initiatives. Excellent customer interface skills. Candidate must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents, respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Must demonstrate leadership skills and have interpersonal skills/demeanor to motivate the staff and build trust with the workforce.
- Automotive/ Plastics: 5 years (Preferred)
- Plant Management: 10 years (Preferred)
Click here to apply online