Click here to Apply Online
Our client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS (www.getROSS.com) to help them recruit a Junior to Intermediate Software Engineer. They're located in North Toronto (GTA)
This a 1 Year Contract with a high probability of renewal or transition to Permanent Position
- 1+ years’ experience in designing and developing applications using OOP/OOD with including C#/.NET
- knowledge of .NET 4.0/4.5/4.5.1 Platforms, , Visual Studio 2010/2013
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) or Winforms
- Experience with design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proven technical leadership skills, must be a team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Proven experience working in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Experience with agile methodologies, test driven development
Nice to Have:
- Experience with developing software for devices or instruments.
- Experience working in regulated environments.
- Experience with C++ or other OO languages
- design patterns
- SQLite, NUnit , FIT, Infragistics UltraWinGrid, Xceed WPF grid
- COM Interop
Works in a collaborative environment, part of a cross-functional teams, to design and develop scalable, high-quality and high-performance applications on .NET platform
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Analyzes customer needs and problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions using sound architecture and design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements
- Follows established practices of agile methodologies, i.e. test-driven development, that will ensure high quality software
- Initiates/facilitates design/architectural discussions, provides estimates, prepares design and architecture reviews
- Implements software modules and unit tests and conducts appropriate module testing
- Mentors less senior team members, and produces peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
- Highly committed to on-time delivery and high quality
- Detects, reports, investigates, and fixes product defects
- Evaluates new software development technologies, tools and practices. Recommend adoption of new tools.
- Works collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the development teams
If you're not interested, but know someone who is; please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we're happy to give you a $1000 referral fee.
Click here to Apply Online