Prime Electric Inc., located in San Jose, CA is a Union commercial electrical contractor serving the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Prime Electric is rapidly growing and becoming one of the premier electrical contractors in the Bay Area and is searching for the right candidate to join our team as an Accounts Payable Supervisor in San Jose, CA.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for growth and development. This is an immediate full-time opening.
- Training, motivating and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing department policies and controls to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as daily invoice routing & entry.
- Facilitate check runs and month end AP close
- Troubleshooting with vendors to resolve any invoice / payment issues
- Maintaining accurate and complete vendor records
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, vendors, and contractors
- 5 years’ experience in Accounts Payable (with a Construction Contractor preferable) with at least 2 of those years in a supervisory role
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively, professionally and diplomatically interface at all levels (vendors, customers, subcontractors, co-workers, peers, field personnel, managers, and executives)
- Detail-oriented, exceptionally organized; high-level decision-making skills
- Possess a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely quick and accurate for this high-volume role; ability to manage the processing of monthly average of 5,000 invoices and vendor payments totaling approximately $5M per month
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and take the initiative to provide support / follow-up
- Self-motivated, hard-working, performance driven, and reliable
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills required, especially strong in Excel
- Experience with Bluebeam software a plus ++
- Experience with Viewpoint Vista accounting software a plus ++
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Compensation: DOE
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; no premium cost to employee
- Life and Disability Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Program / Profit Sharing / Discretionary Bonus
- Wellness Program which includes health club reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Benefit, Legal Benefit
- Paid Holidays & PTO Package
*Prime Electric does not engage with or utilize recruiting or placement agencies for any recruiting or hiring needs. Prime hiring managers are not authorized to review or accept resume referrals from any agencies.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.