Onsite position, Covid screening performed daily
Initially, onsite work will be every other week and will eventually return to 100% onsite
This person will be responsible for management (20% or so) as well leading Scrums, implementing modern best practices and hands-on participation.
- Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of the DevOps/DevSecOps section.
- Manages team of mostly senior-level engineers (5 total) responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process.
- Develops large and/or complex software programs, including designing, coding and testing related to infrastructure automation and application deployment.
- Enables tool suites for infrastructure automation and application deployment.
- Defines and creates test cases, executes test activities and reports on progress.
- Defines, plans & designs application requirements for new or modified applications.
- Leverages existing understanding of infrastructure AND application development and deployment as well as on the job learning to support DevOps/DevSecOps projects.
- Determines technical objectives of assignments, exercising latitude in approach to solutioning
- Managing software code projects
- Automation in testing or orchestration
- Conduct Security checks in CI/CD pipelines
- Apply enterprise security policies and standards when performing all operational duties
- Virtualization and container technologies (Docker, AKS/Kubernetes, etc.)
- REST API integration
- Managing vendor relationships
- Contribute to dev ops workflows via scripting and other regular system administration activities
- Provide system performance optimization, maintenance and production support (if escalated to)
- Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications
- Learn customers’ business objectives and system requirements and work closely with customers to determine their strategic requirements and measure performance against expectations. Assist in customer resolutions
- Stay abreast of new developments in technologies and making recommendations as appropriate
Experience and Education:
- Degree in computer science, networking or related IT field and/or 7+ years of equivalent IT experience
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1-2 years of software development or DevOPs lead/manager experience
- Azure Cloud-based environment
- Ability to write Infrastructure as Code (Terraform modules) using a scripting language such as Golang or Ruby
- Knowledgeable in CI/CD in relation to Gitlab, Azure DevOps, and/or similar platforms
- Passion for DevOps, DevSecOps, Agile, and Security
- Experience with modern DevOps best practices
- Working knowledge of Azure and Azure PaaS services
- General exposure to how key networking components operate/function, primarily firewalls and load-balancers/reverse proxies such F5 LTM/GTM or Azure native services
- 2+ years of Azure experience preferred.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) retirement savings with a very generous company match
- Generous PTO plan
- Pension eligible
- Training and career development including tuition assistance
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Additional Benefit(s) for this role:
- Restricted Stock Option eligible position
Travel: 10 % potential. Typically not more than 3 trips per year.