The Office Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office operations of our organization to keep it running smoothly.
You will develop organizational processes and systems for office personnel, including accounting, human resources and office administrative tasks.
- Manage overall administrative support
- Provide appropriate employee support for programs and policies
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and filing systems
- Ensure offices are adequately supplied and equipped; responsible for office purchasing needs including all supplies, computers, printers, refreshments, etc.
- Ensure the Company’s offices are kept clean and functional at all times.
- Act as a liaison with external parties and vendors
- Provide support for Expatriates to include travel, Visa, local living assistance and information (housing, transportation, cultural information and transition, medical issue, and insurance information)
- Provide support for visiting executives from Corporate office and other visitors to include business travel, hotel, transportation, scheduling and arranging meetings, language support and cultural information to ensure smooth travel and efficient business productivity
- Provide translation / interpretation support to assist Japanese expatriates; translate business documents, prepare presentations and other assignments from Japanese to English or English to Japanese
- Support bookkeeping, working closely with outside CPA, including data entry to accounting software
- Support some HR functions as directed including managing time attendance for payroll, benefit management and on-boarding paperwork
- Assist sales in all aspects of the order process using QuickBooks
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by upper management
Bachelor’s degree: or its equivalent experience in Business or related fieldEXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- 5+ years of office management, administrative/executive support experience
- 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred
- 1+ HR knowledge and experience a plus
- Must have worked in a startup / small company environment, running an office and supporting executives
- Ability to “get” what a small business needs, and apply common sense judgement
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact and patience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English. Prior translation and interpretation experience preferred
- Capable of working independently, with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident, self-motivated team player who understands and contributes to the company’s goal
- Possesses integrity and the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Must be well organized and systematic in working
- Strong Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook