Leads and performs compliance (including SOX 404 testing), financial, and operational audits at business units.
* review of the reliability of information within the organization.
* assessment of the achievement of the goals and objectives of the organization.
* determination of the compliance with policies and controls, including SOX based controls, within the organization.
* assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls within the organization.
* review of the safekeeping of assets within the organization.
Provides value added recommendations to business units to improve areas of weakness and strengthening internal controls. Prepares audit reports detailing observations, recommendations, and management responses for review by the Director, Internal Audit.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance (including SOX 404 testing), operational, and financial audits, and, assist on other special projects / assignments such as, pre / post-acquisition analyses; reporting to the Director, Internal Audit.
- Review the reliability and integrity of compliance, financial, and operational information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Prepares audit reports concluding on deficiencies / observations, recommendations, and management responses for review by the Director, Internal Audit, and ultimate issuance to management and the Audit Committee.
- Recommends revisions and or expansions to audit programs necessary to ensure adequate analysis of assigned areas.
- Assist in the development and coordination of the overall audit strategy for presentation to senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Responsible for managerial responsibilities (e.g., training, development, etc.) for a senior and staff internal auditor.
Specialized Skills, Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, internal auditing, and / or external auditing.
- CPA required.
- IIA member and CIA recommended (will accept candidates that are in the process of completing).
- Thorough understanding of Internal Audit methodologies, processes.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff and management within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to collaborate globally and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently while balancing multiple priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with presenting topics to senior management.
- Strong organizational skills.