Location: Road Town, British Virgin islands
Reports To: Information Technology Manager
Roadtown Wholesale Trading, Ltd. is seeking an APPLICATION DEVELOPER who has a passion for creating and supporting innovative, robust applications. The successful applicant will be required to work with business users to implement and maintain software solutions to improve user experience and streamline workflow processes for various operational departments within The Company. Proficiency in the day to day administration of the SQL Server databases, including performance tuning, data mining and database optimization would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience;
- At least three plus years in a similar role;
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills ;
- Self-motivated and team oriented; and
- Knowledge of Accounting and Distribution business concepts would be a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Report writing knowledge and experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft.Net technologies, C#/VB.NET;
- Strong knowledge of SQL stored procedures, triggers and SSIS packages;
- Knowledge of ETL, TSQL troubleshooting and performance tuning;
- Exceptional understanding of database structures and theories;
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- Business Intelligence skills and experience (SSAS);
- Experience to support the maintenance and enhancement of existing SQL server databases in development, testing and production environments;
- SQL Server DBA knowledge and experience with a focus on industry best practices; and
- Strong knowledge of SQL server security management across various environments (DBs, instances, servers and applications).
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.