- Position Overview: We are looking for a Senior Java Developer for our client’s real-time streaming platform to enable remote monitoring of industrial assets. This is an end-to-end AWS cloud IoT platform with ongoing field deployments. This role is for a New Product Development group that is responsible for delivering hardware/software innovations for a global Engineering and Manufacturing firm based here in Chicago.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Participation in functional specifications, user story definition, prototyping, and resource estimation for projects.
- Improve and maintain code-base health.
- Integrate with software APIs.
- Contribute to overall architectural design of web applications and services.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development methodology to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and testing.
- 7+ years of experience with Java development, including experience with Java 8. Must have experience designing applications, not just coding from specifications.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred).
- Experience creating web services for a high availability environment. (REST services and API design).
- Experience creating microservices.
- A strong background in creating end-to-end web applications.
- Knowledge of agile development process and experience with version control systems.
- BS or masters degree in computer science or similar technical field of study.
- Experience working with AWS, on in a cloud environment
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with build automation tools
- Working knowledge of Kafka, Cassandra
- Experience with Neo4J