Position Overview: We are looking for a Java Developer for our client’s real-time streaming platform to enable remote monitoring of industrial assets. This is an end-to-end AWS cloud IoT platform with ongoing field deployments. This role is for a New Product Development group that is responsible for delivering hardware/software innovations for a global Engineering and Manufacturing firm based here in Chicago.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Participation in functional specifications, user story definition, prototyping, and resource estimation for projects.
- Improve and maintain code-base health.
- Integrate with software APIs.
- Contribute to overall architectural design of web applications and services.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development methodology to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and testing.
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise Java development.
- BS or master s degree in computer science or similar technical field of study.
- Experience with databases NoSQL (MongoDB).
- Experience with REST services and API design.
- Experience creating (and monitoring) web services for a high availability Cloud environment.
- Experience creating microservices running in a container-based architecture.
- A strong background in creating end-to-end web applications.
- Knowledge of agile development process and experience with version control systems.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience with build automation tools
- Working knowledge of Kafka, Cassandra
- Experience with Neo4J