Position Overview: We are looking for a Java Developer for our client’s real-time streaming platform. This role is for a New Product Development group and this is brand new development. The platform being built is crucial to company growth. The team is like a “startup”, but within in a large company. People who have worked in a start-up environment are ideal.
The position is based in Chicago (Willis Tower). There is availability to work from home on a limited basis
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Participation in functional specifications, user story definition, prototyping, and resource estimation for projects.
- Improve and maintain code-base health.
- Integrate with software APIs.
- Contribute to overall architectural design of web applications and services.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development methodology to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and testing.
- At least 4 years of full-stack Java development experience (must have strong experience with Java 8)
- Must understand Java application security
- Must have experience designing applications, not just coding from specifications
- Must have experience with design patterns (experience with multiple patterns and know why they are using them)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience creating RESTful web services for a high availability environment. (creating from scratch, not just modification)
- Experience with No SQL (MongoDB preferred)
- Knowledge of agile development process and experience with version control systems
- Experience creating end-to-end web applications
- BS or masters degree in computer science or similar technical field of study
- Experience working in a cloud environment is strongly preferred (They use AWS)
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with build automation tools
- Working knowledge of Kafka, Cassandra
- Experience with Neo4J