Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Expertise and Work Quality
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the technical aspects and issues related to their functional and industry specialization.
- Continue to improve research skills and ability to document findings and conclusions clearly.
- Continually strive to improve competency with various software programs critical to job performance.
- Identify technical areas of interest and discuss development of specialization with circle leaders.
- Effectively communicate with all team members, circle leaders, and clients.
- Be capable of drafting documentation/correspondence on a variety of often complex subject matter.
- Develop workpapers and return detail review skills through review of work products prepared by Associates.
- Expected to complete a variety of assignments/tasks within timeframes established by clients and communicated through in-charge employees.
- Follow established tax procedures, such as document organization, workpaper preparation, and workflow protocol.
- Clear any review comments as directed by in-charge employees.
Client Management and Service
- Maintain the complete confidentiality of firm and client information.
- Demonstrate an ability to work under time constraints; provide as much flexibility as possible when needed to meet client expectations and deadlines.
- Present yourself and your work product to clients and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of clients’ business needs by identifying issues and discussing resolutions with in-charge employees and implementing resolutions throughout the engagement process.
- Keep Managers, Principals, and Client Management informed of the engagement progress and issues as they develop.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive client relationships through timely communication during the engagement as well as periodic communication throughout the year.
- A commitment to respond to clients within 24 hours.
- Maintain daily time entry for accurate reporting firm-wide
- Recognize that practice expansion comes from existing clients as well as potential clients.
- Actively develop own referral network, recognizing that every interpersonal encounter may provide a business development opportunity.
- Participate in civic/professional organizations, as well as YHB marketing activities.
- Continue to gain an understanding of service capabilities.
- Develop a network of contacts and seek ways to increase firm visibility.
- Represent the firm publicly by accepting speaking opportunities, authoring articles for industry literature, client newsletters, etc.
Personal Participation and Professional Development
- Assume responsibility for career growth by preparing personal development plans, tracking personal marketing activities, new business generation, identification of continuing education strategies, etc.
- Accept constructive input from and offer constructive feedback to Managers and Principals.
- Honestly assess own performance upon completion of engagements or assignments.
- Solicit overall performance feedback on assigned areas from in-charge employees.
- Seek additional responsibilities on engagements that you feel you would like to be given the opportunity to undertake and will help enhance your career and knowledge.
- Gain understanding of department goals and responsibilities.
- Take responsibility for attaining chargeable hour requirements.
- Participate in industry meetings and seminars.
- Be cognizant to interactions within the community, realizing that in many cases you may be the only source of exposure for the firm.
- Understanding the role of Manager and working to expand roles and responsibilities to that level.
Leading and Developing Others
- Provide Associates with the framework to complete assignments based on experience levels.
- Develop ability to communicate review comments professionally while providing feedback, which will assist in development of the person whose work was reviewed.
- Participate in the training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation of team members. Begin identifying opportunities to assist in course material preparation and/or instruction of in-house courses.
- Offer constructive feedback to Associates.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for Associates; increase cooperation and success by being accessible and approachable to the feelings and perspectives of others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of cooperation and teamwork through daily interactions with co-workers and in-charge employees.
- Maintain positive working relationships with supervisors, clients, and other team members by displaying attitudes of helpfulness, a focus on team success, and the consideration of the ideas of others.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or relevant field required.
- Requirements to achieve the CPA certification and/or other certifications of similar standing as approved for development
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.