Our client is growing rapidly, doubling their size in the last 24 months. They are relocating their HQ to Tampa, and need to identify a key player as a Staff Accountant. This person will report to the Controller but will work side by side with the CFO and COO to make a positive difference in the accounting and finance function. Collaborating with all departments, this individual will be responsible for providing support to the period-end accounting, financial reporting, payroll, compliance, and risk management.
• Review store level P&L for multi- locations.
• Prepare debt roll-forward.
• Work with operations to resolve accounting questions relating to locations.
• Manage and process all vendor invoices that flow through the Home Office and ensure integrity of all departments including reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval prior for payment.
• Maintain and manage internal purchase order system (to be developed).
• Organize and upload invoices.
• Assist in month-end closing as needed including reviewing accounts including inventory reconciliations, Wholesale business review, identify outstanding invoices.
• Act as liaison to work with operations and accounting to reconcile any cash issues (over/shorts).
• Performs a variety of standard accounting assignments utilizing professional accounting practices and concepts.
• Regularly contact vendors and work with purchasing department to resolve discrepancies, follow through with solutions.
• Verify and process expense reports for expense reimbursement or company credit card reconciliation (as needed).
• Reconcile payroll.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
• Two to three years of related accounting experience, GAAP preferred.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
• Experience with accounting software packages including report writing and GL maintenance is a plus.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service and overall understanding of accounting systems.
• Accurate data entry and strong attention to detail are required.
• A results-oriented professional style and the ability to effectively multitask and work within deadlines.