Our client is seeking a dynamic Data Architect to provide support global business projects. The Data Architect is to lead development of domain-specific data models in order to drive consistent use of data across application portfolios.
The Data Architect will set the direction of data architecture for application portfolios using multiple techniques and viewpoints, such as: conceptual, logical, physical data models; data flow diagrams; and data entity and business function matrices. The Data Architect will be responsible for documenting the current state architecture through collaboration with Data Owners and Subject Matter Experts. As an integral part of project teams supporting business solution delivery, they work with business and IT teams to assure the adherence to data principles, the adoption of data standards, and the alignment to the desired target state. This includes responsibility for providing critical decision support, guidance, and recommendations regarding data design deliverables. This position WILL require some international travel of up to 20%.
- Creates, maintains, and communicates current and target state data architecture for data domains they support.
- Reviews project deliverables from project technical leads and IT teams to ensure they meet data standards
- Guides application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states
- Ensures existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Defines and enforces data architecture standards, procedures, metrics, and policies to ensure consistency and adherence to business processes
- Develops and maintains current and target state conceptual, logical, and physical architecture models required for business solution delivery.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- This role will be interfacing with all levels of the organization both within IT and the business teams they partner with. There will be contact with external vendors as determined by project needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IS, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience in IT architecture
- Experience working in Manufacturing or Engineering Industry OR with ERP systems (ideally both)
- 3+ years of experience architecture, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- 2 years experience with data modeling techniques
- 2 years experience with Enterprise Architecture framework
- MUST BE a US Citizen
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, IS or related field
- Experience with SAP, PLM, ALM or MES Data Architecture system
- 2+ years experience in Data Management/Process
- 2+ years experience working with MDM Solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP
- Proven project management skills that demonstrate the ability to complete assignments in a systematic and timely basis
- ITAR experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational business functions
- Good organizational and project planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with different teams within the organization to achieve common goals and respond positively to situations
- Effective communication skills in writing, speaking and presenting
- Previous experience working on teams or leading project teams consisting of business and IT resources