Our client, specializing in the oil and gas services industry, is looking for a professional with your skill set to fill their General Manager position. You will be responsible for the day to day operations and management of a mid-sized firm. Included in this would be the supervision of the project managers, site supers, estimators and general office staff. In addition to your technical experience and your ability to keep projects on time and in budget while ensuring all procedures and policies are met. The professionalism and personality fit of the candidate will be a major factor in this selection.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years of related oil & gas services management experience coupled with strong business acumen and leadership skills.
Your success will be defined by the ability to:
• Full P & L responsibility and lead of business development strategies
• Manage a team of Project Managers and Site Superintendents
• Involved in all phases of project life cycle from conception through close out and hand off to client
• Liaise with vendors, PM's and labourers, with a good knowledge of oil & gas services
• Conduct labour analysis on a weekly basis as well as job costing analysis
• Conduct project reviews for Safety, QA, and Operational performance measures
• Act as liaison with field operation team and project managers to deliver successful projects
• Accurate reporting to the senior executives
• Supervise the arrival of material, the local tool inventory, and the capital asset base
• Coordinate and oversee the key sub-contractors
• Review and ensure project’s labour mix is adequate and reasonable
• Correctly follow the change order process
• Coordinate and manage fixed and variable overheads (office costs, fuel, accommodation, etc.)
Your strengths include:
• Experience in the oil & gas services and construction industry in a management role
• Proven business acumen, high integrity, and an excellent decision maker
• Experience with financial management
• Developed customer service and sales experience
• Exceptional leadership skills, able to motivate a team
• Exposure to managing a Unionized and Non-Union labour force
• Effective negotiator and familiar with construction contracts
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Haley Cranna and Jason Dick.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology