Posting Number: 201834SLG
Job Title: Plant Controller
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Summary: Provides strong leadership and direction to the local plant finance team to ensure the financial accounting and reporting needs of the plant are met to enable the plant management team to meet their budgeted financial goals and objectives. The scope of the position includes accounting, financial reporting and analysis, SOX compliance, budgeting and forecasting, cost accounting, inventory accounting and controls.
- Provide financial advice to the plant management team to ensure sound financial and operational decisions.
- Provide accurate and timely operational performance reporting to the plant management team.
- Instill strong cost control and planning discipline to assist senior plant management in controlling manufacturing costs.
- Assist plant management team with capital planning, including calculating and evaluating financial payback on all capital expenditure proposals.
- Work with plant/corporate finance on several initiatives including providing cost information for innovation and cost reduction projects, identifying cost/performance improvement opportunities and leadership of company wide initiatives.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the plants accounting systems and records, as well as strict compliance to all company policies, procedures and controls.
- Develop ERP system proficiency for both finance and other plant functions within the plant.
- Key focus areas include materials cost and usage management, labor cost and utilization, asset utilization and overhead expenditure control.
- Determine and maintain all accounting principles and processes and ensure SOX compliance..
- Provide support for all requirements for external auditors.
- Provide support to financial information technology team to implement all new systems.
- Develop metrics to facilitate key performance indicators.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- 7 years of related experience, food industry experience preferred
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills under pressing time constraints.
- Ability to prioritize and control multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across various functional areas both internally and externally.
Apply: Complete your candidate profile at www.searchlogixgroup.com and refer to posting 201834SLG or as a second choice, email your information and requirements to email@example.com. Only candidates who appear to meet the above criteria will receive an immediate response. Other resumes will be added to our database of active candidates for one year for other positions that come available and are a match with their background.
THE SEARCHLOGIX GROUP