Job Description Details:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable the business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function.
The Sr. Software Engineer will report to the Manager, Software Engineering and this role contributes to the Engineering of large scale solutions that enable the business while supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. The Sr. Software Engineer is an active member on a dynamic team looking build Best in Class software. The ideal candidate for this role not only is able to produce high quality work quickly, but also serves as a resource to their peers around them and provides mentoring whenever possible.
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience including business application development
- 2+ years of experience developing a commercial-grade business application leveraging data structures, DBMS, SOA Architecture
- Strong time and project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Writing design documentation and technical requirements
- Development with MS SQL Server
- Writing and working with either AWS / Azure / Google API's and integration Web APIs
- Active member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Produces high quality code that’s ready to use quickly
- Dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- Promotes collective code ownership so that everyone has visibility into the feature codebase
- Supports and is accountable for timely releases and adherence to release activities
- Resolves defects in a timely and effective manner
- Identifies tactical risks and raises/resolves issues effectively.
- Contributes to merge up/down through development process
- Ensures that operational teams are effective during deployment (dry-run or production)
- Carries out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Works hand-in-hand with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices
- Encourages integration and promotes obtaining shared goals with team members
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Willingness to promote and participate in new initiatives (i.e. CoE initiatives)