Status: Casual (Up to 40 hours per week)
Term: (Up to 2 Months with possibility of extension)
In your role as General Warehouse Person, at The North West Company (NWC), you’re an integral part of our warehouse operations and activities. Your work ensures an increase in efficiency and profitability to increase satisfaction amongst our customers. Duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department; Inbound and Outbound Dock Operations, Grocery Selection and General Merchandise as business needs require.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
Your Role may include:
- Pick grocery items according to store orders;
- Operate appropriate powered equipment to pick or stock items;
- Perform Inbound/Outbound Receiving Department functions, including unloading and loading trailers, strapping, and sorting cartons;
- Process merchandise to proper locations for shipping;
- Use hand-held scan guns to receive orders and pick products as directed;
- Label products as orders direct;
- Prepare and tag orders for distribution to stores;
- Pick in the various zones for daily basics allocations;
- Manifest and stage orders as required;
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous order selecting experience in a fast paced, food warehouse environment is an asset;
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to complete responsibilities and consistently meet production requirements;
- Must possess strong attention to detail and be able to follow instructions accurately;
- Able to complete physically demanding tasks;
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with a forklift, high stacker, order picker, and electric pallet jack preferred. Must have willingness to train to receive appropriate certification for required use of powered equipment; and
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
Location: Winnipeg Logistics Services Centre, 100 Murray Park Road, Winnipeg MB
Shifts by Department:
Inbound Dock Operations (6:00 AM – 2:30 PM)
General Merchandise (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM)
Grocery (10:00 AM – 6:30 PM)
Outbound Dock Operations (12:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
Shifts will be determined dependent on availability and business requirements.
All candidates must be initially available from 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM at the start of their employment for training purposes.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.