Our client is a well-established leader in online sports gaming with a Technical Centre of Excellence at Yonge and Sheppard. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit an Algorithm & Machine Learning Developer.
You must be available to spend 1-2 months in Curacao (in the Caribbean) to receive extensive training about sports gaming domain. Of course all your expenses will be paid by the client.
This company is profitable and growing with over 300 employees worldwide.
- Perform industrial research by developing math models and algorithms to be used in automated trading applications
- Evaluating state-of-the-art statistical modeling and Machine Learning approaches using historical data
- Developing prototype applications in R and .NET framework (C#) and/or working with developers to produce the end-user tools
- Big Data Analysis, Visualization and Modeling.
- Data Acquisition, Cleaning, and Transformation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in statistics
- Relevant experience as Software Developer, preferably using Microsoft .NET Framework (C# or VB.NET)
- Relevant experience with statistical programming languages, such as R, SAS, Python (NumPy/SciPy) or MATLAB
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms, Probabilistic Models, and general statistical modeling approaches
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build systems according to business specifications.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on for several different projects.
- Ability to work in an environment where the team is co-located. Self-motivation is a must.
- Domain experience in Sports Betting Markets, Financial Markets (such as Stock Exchange, Options, Bonds, ForEx, etc), or other types of 2-sided markets.
- MS or PHD in Computer Science
- Time Series Analysis
- SQL and SQLServer
- Web development experience using ASP.NET.
- Understanding of rules for American sports and soccer and passion for sports in general.