“To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring an Assistant Store Manager for the Wally’s Drug Store in Fort Smith, NWT. In your role as the Assistant Store Manager, you will develop store specific action plans and direct all activities within the store ensuring that customer service standards and performance targets are achieved and priorities are aligned with overall store and Guardian strategy. Maintaining the integrity of product pricing.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to Fort Smith, NWT. You will receive a competitive salary, benefits such as subsidized housing, paid vacation travel, bonus, ability to bank what you earn, and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and take action as required to address issues;
- Assist in executing community relations plans for the store that ensure the development and maintenance of long term business relationships with customers and community stakeholders
- Develop in depth knowledge related to store operations, and competition within the community;
- Provide store personnel with the necessary products and sales training to ensure customers have an excellent shopping experience;
- Assist in driving sales through promotional offering, reaching sales targets and increasing profits.
- Participate in ordering appropriate merchandise for the market needs to maximize sales opportunities; and,
- Accountable for health and safety for all employees and compliant to all company policies and programs.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous management experience (preferably 1 year) and community-oriented;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Experience in retail distribution, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- Expertise in developing community relations by working with store associates and community partners respectfully, knowledgeably and effectively;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Ability to manage a team of approximately 8-10 staff; and
- Effective leadership with excellent people skills, and a great ability to build trust and relationships.
Location: Fort Smith, Northwest Territories
Reports To: Store Manager
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.