AstraWorks is a recruiting agency focused on the Construction Design/Build market. We place professionals across various disciplines including Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental, Real Estate and Operations.
We’re partnered with an industry leading design firm to identify a Power Distribution Designer. .
- Assist in the preparation and development of distribution voltage construction packages for both overhead and underground projects, including distribution equipment installation, feeder replacement, cable replacement, and new feeder design.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Assist with calculations and use client specifications to create designs.
- Assist with proposals, engineering/project cost estimates, and execution schedules.
- Meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or associate’s degree in drafting technology or a related field.
- 3 years relevant electric utility distribution design experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of devising new, more efficient approaches to solving problems and processes.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize work.
- Understanding of distribution power flow is a plus.