Sales Engineers are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for team players who can create sales presentations and product demonstrations to prospects, customers, and partners (everyone from developers to project managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to build and deploy applications on Our system for their teams.
Sales Engineers are passionate evangelists of the product, empathize with customers’ business needs, and quickly discern technical challenges by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that solve those needs.
Our ideal candidate has the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and is looking for a career that can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer, you will hone these skills by advising a diverse set of customers and partners on what is possible using our platform.
• Support the sales team in helping prospects and partners understand what is possible on the Company platform
• Understand business requirements and communicate the value of solving business problems using cloud technology
• Build and deliver proofs of concept (POCs) to prospects or customers with sophisticated use cases, collaborating with other corporate sales engineering and system consulting team members as needed
• Estimate a scope of work to use when creating custom pricing
• Prepare specification documents to pass implementation details on to system consulting team
• Create content to show partners how to implement specific requirements or best practices for building and deploying applications and solutions on the system
• Clearly distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales
• A deep passion to serve the customer, and customer-facing experience in doing so.
• An ability to quickly communicate sophisticated ideas clearly to all audiences, technical or not, operators and C-level execs.
• Experience with APIs (particularly RESTful API) and familiarity with standard network security protocols (OAuth, SAML)
• Fabulous communicator, great team player, engaged citizen
• Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
• Typically 10-25% travel.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or graduation from a top coding academy is preferred.
• Japanese language skills a bonus.
• Familiarity with back-end (Java, Python, PHP) development
Sales, Sales Engineering