Calling all HR Generalists!!! We have an exciting opportunity for you to be part of an amazing HR team. Working for a fantastic Director of HR and a savvy team, we are looking for an HR Generalist who can act as an HR Business Partner for various entities and offices outside of Ottawa. As an HR Generalist, you will get to see all areas of the function by supporting various business units when it comes to planning, recruiting, onboarding etc. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, and don’t mind a little travel, we have a team needing your help. Responsibilities would include the following:
- Work with local and remote managers in answering any HR related inquiries or respond to requests from employees
- Act as a recruitment partner and support the hiring process through interviews, reviewing workforce needs, sourcing and salary negotiations
- Help develop a labor strategy, assist with employee relation – CBA discussions, conflict resolution, coaching and performance management
- Oversee the employee onboarding & off-boarding processes and ensure proper orientation, payroll and benefits set up and exit interviews are complete
- Prepare required HR documentation for any compensation adjustments, terminations, and transfers
- Collaborate with other areas of HR to ensure proper succession planning, training & development plans are in place and performance management is ongoing
- Maintain the current HRIS system and ensure accuracy of data for pension and benefits.
We are looking for a “results oriented” HR Generalist who would love to roll up their sleeves in a constantly changing and evolving organization. If you love fast pace, and believe you can have a positive impact on a growing organization, this role may be for you. We are looking for a BComm or HR diploma combined with a minimum of 4 years of experience working in an HR function. Your experience will include reviewing HR policies, working within HRIS, and full cycle recruitment and performance management specifically within a private sector company. Any experience working with unions would be considered an asset and any experience with CBAs and labor relations would be highly desirable. If this role sounds like your next opportunity, please contact us immediately at email@example.com to discuss further.