Currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator (full-time/permanent) for an immediate vacancy with a financial institution in Hoboken, NJ. As the Senior Network Admin, you will maintain the health of the network infrastructure at the colocation and WAN sites, as well as in the cloud.
Location: Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
What you will do:
- Plan for future growth, implement improvements as necessary and investigate and design new technologies such as SD-WAN.
- Provide network support, manage virtual infrastructure, perform regular network maintenance and upgrades, and manage and support VPN technologies.
- Work with various teams to investigate issues and escalate incidents as required.
- Design and build multi-vendor data connectivity solutions supporting the global network.
- Design and support AWS network infrastructure (VPCs, transit, NAT & internet gateways, Direct Connect, VPNs) using best practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of an SD-WAN strategy.
- Investigate network problems, escalate as required and track problems to resolution.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Lead initiatives in network planning, design, installation and maintenance accounting for high availability, Disaster Recovery, performance and scalability.
- Participate in the on-call rotation of the infrastructure group.
- Participate in the budgeting and procurement processes, considering project, equipment and budget requirements.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience within the Financial Services/Banking industry
- 5+ years’ experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers
- CCNA and CCNP certification desired
- AWS Networking skills
- Experience managing Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5 devices
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills, including network security and performance analysis
- Knowledge of SD-WAN solutions
Local candidates only.
Must be legally authorized to work for any US employer, without sponsorship.