Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Trust and Estate Senior Manager to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Chicago area offices (Deerfield or Chicago). The position requires a high-energy, experienced specialist with strong interpersonal, client and supervisory skills. Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages and opportunities for growth. Responsibilities:
- Develop tax minimization and planning strategies for trust and estate clients with multi-state operations as well as state tax compliance preparation and review.
- Build and maintain client relationships. Execute diligent client service and create positive impression with clients.
- Train, supervise and review the work of other tax staff.
- Provide ongoing feedback to associates and complete regular performance reviews.
- Identify issues and potential opportunities for additional business to build up the tax consulting practice.
- Represent the Firm at networking events.
- 7+ years’ experience in public accounting, many years of which in the trust and estate tax specialty
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting. MS Taxation is highly desirable.
- CPA certification mandatory
- Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills
- Marketing/Sales savvy to give you an advantage within our entrepreneurial culture
- Possess a broad tax knowledge, with an expertise and passion for estate and trust taxation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills internally and externally
- Keen analytical ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, efficiently establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership ability to train, orient, and mentor staff