- Completing all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performing general accounting and administrative functions to meet contractual requirements for operational and basic accounting.
- Participating in monthly forecast review meetings.
- Providing project teams with ad hoc reports and analysis as the need arises.
- Assisting with the assembly of information for internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Assembling client billings packages in accordance with contract terms and conditions and ensuring timely payment.
- Preparing bank deposits, monthly reconciliations, and cash receipt entries.
- Identifying any irregularities or risk exposure and supporting the development of a strategy to address them.
- Interpreting trade partner documentation for accounting-related items and following established accounting procedures.
- Potential stretch assignments with the collection of financial data and risk analysis of sub trade partners.
- Other duties as required.
- Active pursuit of accounting designation considered an asset.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- 2 years of accounting experience in construction or a related industry preferred.
- Understanding of full-cycle accounting and project forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of government legislation and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act with the required discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with accounting software.