Direct Hire Opportunity
No Visa Sponsorship Offered
3-5 years of Expereince and a Bachelors Degree Required
RETAIL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a SAP Training Development Specialist on our SAP Implementation Team. We are currently seeking a passionate, driven and collaborative technology training specialist to assist our organization in learning new skills and capabilities.The SAP Training Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and delivery of SAP Training and Documentation across the organization as part of their implementation.
This includes course materials, user guides, job aids, practice exercises and preparation of the training environment for training delivery. The audience will consist of trainers, testers, super users and end users of the new SAP solution for Retail. The course outlines include basic navigation, business process overviews, role-based training and practice sessions for Finance, Purchasing, Merchandising, Advertising, Support Services, Analytics and Retail Store Users. In this role, you will be working with the latest SAP technology for Retail and Merchandising and an integral member of the Solution Implementation Training Team.
In this role you’ll be responsible for partnering with the business and technology teams to evaluate training needs and use best practices methodology to develop and implement corresponding curriculum. The person in this role will assist in user training and gather feedback and data to determine the effectiveness of the training programs and user preparation for Go-Live.
This position is in a dynamic growth environment with multiple projects occurring in parallel and with multiple interdependencies. Most of the projects involve transforming the business to a modern technology environment within the retail industry by establishing best practices for our member stores.
You will not have responsibility for personnel management.
We are a company of passionate people that think big, think differently, avoid complacency, and do the right thing for our members and require the right person that shares these values.
The position is currently located at headquarters on Staten Island but will be re-locating to New Jersey in 2020.
- Develop rapport with business users and strive to meet or surpass expectations.
- Develop Training Curriculum for required courses, materials, exercises, and job aids
- Assist with Communications and Engagement with end users to create awareness and understanding well before first hands-on system training.
- Provide Train the Trainer course delivery to both Trainers and Super Users
- Work with identified Super Users to accelerate their SAP development and to prepare them to train others
- Ensure correct SAP user Roles are assigned for testing and training purposes
- Attend regular meetings with Super Users and application owners to identify training needs
- Ensure Training documents are kept up to date and related online help screens in SAP
- Develops an understanding of the business to design, develop, and facilitate training (for all organizational levels) that aligns with SAP business strategy and objectives
- Partners and builds relationships with SAP SMEs to gain knowledge of specific work scenarios required during training.
- Uses instructional design methods including conceptual knowledge and application of adult learning theory
- Provides ongoing expertise/support to the user community post Go-Live
- Triages user issues and works with the SAP Application Team on resolution if identified as system defects after go-live
- Leverages best learning practices, standards, and processes to ensure that value is created through development and deployment of training materials
- Travels to business locations and delivers training and support as requested
- Establishes and maintains SAP Training Library
- Works with the HR department on participation tracking and delivers “Next Step” training to users ready to advance their SAP skills
- Manages end-user feedback and incorporates required changes needed for effective adoption
- Act as a change agent to support ongoing and new initiatives
- Stays abreast of learning trends, tools and technology, and SAP functionality updates through self-development and continued education
- Ensures training materials are kept up to date as organization’s use of SAP evolves
- Delivers new employee and refresher training via formal and informal classes, coaching, and on the job training
Bachelor’s degree in HR, IT or related business degree or 4+ years of experience in lieu of Degree.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2+ of experience leading SAP training or SAP Business Analyst/ SME
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering SAP training for various departments within an organization
- Strong technical/professional expertise in the areas of learning and development, organizational development, consulting, and learning/instructional design
- Ability to speak effectively with all levels of an organization (front line to senior executives)
- Proven execution of ADDIE method for effective development of learning content
- Experience managing an SAP Training environment
- Experience conducting End to End Testing, including test case management
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, documentation, and editing skills
- Project management skills including the ability to multi-task and work under established deadlines