Status: Regular Full-time
Our Financial Services Department is currently seeking an individual to join our team as a Financial Services Compliance Clerk. We are looking for someone who enjoys sifting through data and provide research to better understand consumer behavior.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
With the mentorship of the Sr. Compliance & Financial Analyst, Financial Services, the successful candidate will be providing day to day support to the Compliance team and ensure all regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering obligations are met by:
- Assisting in performing AML data analysis and providing the first level review of potentially unusual transactions;
- Assisting in analyzing alerts generated by the Transaction Monitoring system and identifying potentially reportable transactions;
- Escalating all incidents of unusual transactions;
- Assist with ongoing training and development of new Compliance training initiatives; and,
- Providing support in conducting compliance reviews and monitoring.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- University/college degree is advantageous;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn;
- Work smart by managing multiple priorities with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal management oversight;
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and reporting;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; and,
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Sr. Compliance & Financial Analyst
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Acting with Integrity • Fostering excellence • Respecting Others • Working Collaboratively • Being Accountable
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. Opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization are present. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.