In your role as Perishable Manager you will oversee the operations and staffing for the Deli, Bakery, Meat and Seafood departments and lead a team of butchers, cutters, bakers, deli assistants, greengrocers, and packers. You will ensure that the range of available products meets the customers’ needs while driving department sales, profitability and a high standard of customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage operations, inventory, and pricing of perishables departments;
- Ensure displays, department shelves, refrigerators and storage areas are in a clean, orderly condition and the preparation stations meet local health standards and safety requirements;
- Lead excellent customer service; train, coach and develop team members; evaluate staff regularly;
- Maintain an effective level of communication within the department;
- Manage inventory to ensure selection, freshness; lead effective inventory control, monitor expenditures and resources;
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising plans, labor, security, and expense control; review invoices for accuracy;
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature, and expiration dates to ensure product quality for dairy, meat, and baked goods; report refrigeration failure immediately;
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; ensure proper safety standards are in place and followed;
- Ensure current food handler certificates are maintained for department employees;
- Implement promotional programs, merchandising and pricing plans; advertise sales according to plan and budget;
- Handle customer questions, requests and complaints in a friendly, professional manner;
- Maintain working knowledge of margin reports, weekly sales numbers, and financial goals; and
- Coordinate returns and credit from suppliers where applicable; keep accurate accounting of credit requests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ retail management experience;
- University degree in Business, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience;
- Must possess a valid food handler's certificate;
- Must be able to lift and carry between up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis;
- Proven experience in perishable department operations;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Able to work a variety of shifts to accommodate the seven day week operation of the business, includes weekends and holidays;
- Proven strong planning and prioritizing skills, coupled with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent leadership skills, interpersonal skills; with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the organization; and,
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Road Town, British Virgin Islands
Reports To: Director, Sales & Operations
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.