General Description: The most advanced position for non-degreed electrical designer. Persons at this level are technical experts of considerable experience and proficiency with comprehensive mastery of electrical design concepts.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industrial power distribution.
- BSEE Degree preferred. Alternative qualifications include a minimum 10 years’ experience and Associates Degree or graduation from an acceptable technical program.
- Minimum five (5) years AutoCAD experience with version 2007 or later, including 2 years’ experience with version 2010 or later. Experience in AutoCAD MEP package and Inventor design software a plus.
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical design principles and be able to apply sophisticated methods to complex situations.
- Controls knowledge a plus.
- Experience in glass plant design and electric boost a plus.
- Design plant power distribution systems starting at the incoming power supply from the utility department and continuing through the unit substations located within the plant.
- Design Low voltage power distribution from in plant unit sub stations continuing through power distribution panels and motor control centers.
- Specify and write up all bills of materials and equipment specifications required for the above-mentioned power distribution systems.
- Must be familiar with coordination, load, capacity, fault, studies, as well as, arc flash labeling. Current code knowledge is required.
- Develop single line diagrams, load and cable schedules and demolition drawings, and oversee these tasks as executed by others.
- Supervise the work of junior designers, designers, detailers or drafters and trains others.
- Assumes some responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs, while still under general supervision of an engineer.
- Determines how complex control systems should function, lays out initial design concept and determines drawing standards and does detailed comprehensive checking of designs/drawings.
- Uses computer aided design/engineering methods to accomplish above duties.
Reporting and Technical Assistance: Will report to Electrical Engineering Manager. Will work cooperatively with client or design authority as to results expected, but generally performs assignments independently with minimal supervision/contact.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.