As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with Infrastructure teams to ensure smooth delivery and maintenance of developed applications into production. This role will assist and guide the Operations teams to learn and adopt continuous delivery practices and efficient use of tools to accomplish their goals. As technical problems arise, you will partner with Operations team to find solutions. Additionally this role will work with the Operations Engineers to refine and improve the tools and procedures across all of IT.
- Be the ambassador of build and deployment automation by helping development teams learn to get things done more efficiently. Use tools like Jenkins and Chef to as you show them the way.
- Keep us running like a well-oiled machine by automating labor-intensive processes.
- Shape the future of IT by defining the tools and best practices that our teams will adopt.
- Be the hero we need by pitching in to troubleshoot problems and help with maintenance tasks that we haven’t automated yet.
- Reduce complexity of configuration management so our infrastructure teams can recover fast from outages.
- Use your scripting-ninja powers for good as you break down barriers for our teams.
- Turbocharge our applications through performance testing and tuning, from source code to circuits.
- Create server templates that have been approved by the Server and Security teams
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash, or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing technical documentation
- Basic knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Build, deployment, and orchestration technologies (such as SCCM, terraform, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Artifactory, Vagrant)
- Open source middleware services (such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, Consul)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming techniques (with .NET, Java, Ruby, or a similar language) throughout the software development lifecycle; including unit testing, debugging, compilation, integration, and deployment
- Virtualization platforms such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMWare ESXi
- Experienced with administrative tasks on Windows Server and Linux