The North West Company
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary, and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
You must be able to relocate to remote and rural communities in difficult to reach markets in the northernmost region of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut and Northwest Territories.
We offer benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities, the ability to bank what you earn and more! We even encourage you to partner up with a friend or family member and come work together.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
Learn our unique brand of retail as a:
- Store Manager
- Department Manager
- Food Service
- Meat Cutter
Job Requirements Desired Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with high attention to detail;
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work both independently and within a team;
- You embrace the idea of keeping an open mind and enjoy learning about and understanding other communities;
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, and highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Great communication skills and ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to effectively complete daily responsibilities and provide fantastic customer service.
- Passionate and enthusiastic to build your professional career and bring your talent to a team who loves to bring value to their community;