Bull City Talent Group has partnered up with a global provider of spend control and eProcurement solutions to search for a Junior Project Manager. This role will report to the Head of the PMO and with key focus on facilitating the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably using a metric driven approach to agile.
The Junior Project Manager will work as part of a global product delivery team delivering change to the client's industry-leading systems. This team includes Software Developers, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Database Engineers and Support Engineers.
Critical to success will be the ability to remove road blocks to delivery by identifying the right people who can make things happen, while promoting a collaborative working environment where problems are raised and then resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Facilitate the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably using a metric driven approach to continuous improvement
• Promote a collaborative approach and drive a culture of continuous improvement based on the agile values and principles
• Facilitate scrum meetings such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
• Provide accurate and timely delivery reporting to key stakeholders
• Coordinate major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams may be involved
• Resolve road blocks and mitigate any issues / risks the team may encounter
• Identify and manage cross-product delivery dependencies
• Commitment to learning in order to help the organisation to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices
Skills and experience
• Proven experience as an Agile Project Manager or Release engineer
• Demonstrable experience of working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling models is preferred
• Strong communicator and facilitator – able to manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels of business and facilitate scrum ceremonies (such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospective meetings)
• Experience in working with multi-disciplinary project teams across the entire SDLC
• Ability to persuade by influence rather than authority
• Proactive, quick thinker with the ability to handle conflict effectively
• Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
• Exposure to electronic project management tools featuring agile concepts (backlogs, story tracking, estimation, burn-ups, etc.)
• Working knowledge of JIRA and MS-Office applications