Status: Regular Full-time
As an Accounting Analyst at The North West Company (NWC), you will support accounting and financial reporting processes as part of our Canadian Operations Accounting team, specifically for retail stores and our new telehealth & optical lines of business. In addition to maintaining established processes for the existing retail functions and developing processes for the new business lines, you will be given opportunities to work across the Finance Function with a view to provide experience that aligns with your progression through the CPA program.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provide accounting and financial analysis support to applicable business units and other internal parties;
- Review the general ledger to complete journal entries, prepare reconciliations and investigate variances identified;
- Communicate with stakeholders on variances or discrepancies as identified in the reconciliations resolving issues or escalating to leader;
- Support the new Telehealth and Optical lines of business by working closely with the business unit to establish and/or improve processes - ensuring sales, COGS, accounts receivables, expenses, etc. are timely and accurate;
- Develop reports and provide value-added analysis to assess operational performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary business education, undergrad Bachelor of Commerce and working towards or anticipated enrollment in the CPA program;
- Experience using Microsoft Office products with strong knowledge of Excel;
- Must be detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks while working within strict timelines.; and
- Experience with PeopleSoft is considered an asset.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg MB
Reports to: Canadian Operations Accountant
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. Opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization are present. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.