Vice President Operations
Vice President Operations
Our client is a recognized leader in Distribution, very solutions driven to meet their customer's needs, highly reputable and very well established. They have experienced tremendous growth and are looking for a strong Operations professional to join their team as the Vice President of Operations at their Headquarters in the Greater Milwaukee area (this includes oversight of several ancillary locations as well)! This position will be instrumental as part of the overall Leadership Team in acquisition planning, execution and integration (amongst many other responsibilities). They are very well respected in the industry and have an amazing culture, their employees retire here!
This person will be responsible for driving productivity and continuous process improvements while managing all aspects of a multiple distribution center operations including cost containment, staffing, quality, maintenance, fleet management, safety, inventory control, and shipping and receiving. This includes full P&L responsibilities for Warehouse Operations and Logistics.
- Represents and communicates the company’s guiding principles of culture, collaboration, continuous improvement, results-oriented and customer centric practices.
- Ability to identify and implement new processes and/or systems to improve efficiencies and streamline organizational processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally with all levels of the organization and build rapport as well as externally.
- Develops and executes a strategic plan for all locations, communicate objectives effectively, shares a clear vision to lead the teams to operational excellence.
- Partner with Senior Leadership and manages fleet expenses.
- Participate in evaluation and execution of capital expenditures for material handling, fleet and facilities.
- Achieves financial objectives
- Controls costs and increases efficiencies.
- Manages contracts for facility maintenance/repairs.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives utilizing Lean, Six Sigma or other methods as it relates to processes, receiving, routing, picking, loading and inventory control.
- Partners with HR in recruiting, onboarding, training/coaching while communicating strategies and objectives, conducting employee evaluations and cultivating a culture of growth opportunities to maintain a highly skilled and engaged team.
- Ability to adapt strategies when faced with external forces that impact supply chain.
- Monitors and maintains inventory control, receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Complies with environmental regulations.
- Develops and communicates metrics performance to the team.
- Safety oriented.