Construction - Estimator
- Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to aid bidding process
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Obtain accurate quotes for materials and systems to establish accurate cost estimates
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment, and subcontracts for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes. Site visit as necessary.
- Prepare budgets for successful bids, coordinate with Project Manager.
- Support all aspects of subcontractor and supplier estimating and bidding processes.
- Work on multiple company bids simultaneously and delivery in accordance with deadline objectives.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Skills and Abilities:
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Detail Oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Excel.
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge.
- Familiarity with blueprints and ability to read plans
- 5 - 10 years' of construction experience preferred