A diversified $1.8 billion global manufacturing, marketing and distribution company that provides quality products and trusted brands to the hardware and fencing, automotive, and power equipment industries.
The Network Systems Engineer will plan, install, configure, monitor, and maintain local and wide area network (LAN/WAN/WLAN), servers, routers, switches, workstations, access points, and any other infrastructure component. Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure network, hardware and software performance meets company and user requirements.
- Planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs/WLANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization as well as designing and building servers. In addition, the Network and Systems Administrator will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and TCP/IP communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware, software and network transmission problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Install, configure, and maintain networks, network cabling, routers (Cisco), switches (Cisco and Juniper), Firewalls, and VPN access
- Install, configure, and maintain wireless networks including wireless LAN controllers and access points.
- Install, configure, and maintain workstations, servers, printers, copiers, and related equipment.
- Provide desktop, laptop, application, and peripheral support to employees in multiple offices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Administration and/or equivalent job experience with at least 5 years’ experience with medium sized networks.
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewall appliances, routers, Juniper/Cisco switches, and Cisco access points. IPSec and SSL VPN.
- Knowledge of networking hardware, standards, and protocols.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, and procedures.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain workstations, servers, networks, and related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to provide technical support to end-users.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work and travel in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- CCNA Wireless a plus
- Other CCNA or CCNP a plus