Sr Tax Manager
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
- Preparing and reviewing personal, corporate tax returns along with other tax information forms.
- Preparing various election forms.
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
- Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
- Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client’s tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusion
- Identify tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Manage, develop and coaching a team.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of recent work experience in public accounting
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in tax consulting
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Program or MTax degree
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (is preferred)
- Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax planning and compliance
- Ability to manage a team, delegate work and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage clients to describe and market the firms’ services and deliver high-quality deliverables
- Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing tax reorganizations
- Knowledge of cross border and international tax regulations