As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for 60 years. With over 25 programs, we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapist in our Children's Outpatient (COP) to join our team of talented professionals. The COP Therapist is responsible to provide clinical services to all children and families meeting eligibility criteria for COP services. Services are delivered mainly in the office setting and include intake, psychosocial and other assessments, person-centered treatment planning, provision of individual, family and/or group treatment. The COP Therapist is responsible for collaborating with professional team members both from TGC as well as other providers or systems to integrate service delivery. Full-time staff must work 37.5 hours per week, including a maximum of 4 hours per week after 5:00 p.m.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Must have a Master’s Degree or higher and be a psychologist (TLLP, LLP, or LP), licensed master’s social worker (LMSW) or limited licensed master’s social worker (LLMSW) supervised by a licensed master’s social worker, licensed professional counselor (LPC) or limited licensed professional counselor (LLPC) currently in the state of Michigan. Full license preferred.
- Must also meet Michigan Department of Community Health requirements for a Child Mental Health Professional within five months of hire.
- One year of experience in the examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families preferred.
- Electronic medical record experience preferred.
- Additional requirements include: cultural competency, ability to work effectively with a diverse population, the ability to engage and maintain therapeutic relationships with children and families in a variety of modes of treatment, the ability to develop collaborative relationships with other unit staff and providers, effective communication skills, and a willingness to be flexible.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly.
We offer our employees a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life Insurance, a generous paid time off package, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more! If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by clicking the “apply” button on the bottom of the screen.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply online