Position: Account Manager – Employee Benefits
Work Environment: Hybrid, but will consider 100% remote for the right candidate
Salary: $70k - 90k+ commensurate with experience.
Incentives: Bonus paid in March every year.
Benefits: See details below
- Become part of the largest privately owned global insurance broker that provides a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services.
- Recipient of the Gold Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, Our client is honored to be recognized by Insurance Business America as a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) front-runner and one of Newsweek’s America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity in 2023.
- Thrive in a diverse, entrepreneurial, and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 400 offices across North America.
- Our client believes in empowering our employees.
- Our client offers employees resources in both technology and industry expertise, but we still maintain the local flavor of our offices.
- As a global firm, the firm’s structure enables teams to maintain their own unique, regional culture.
The selected individual will be responsible for assisting the producer with client relations and service, sales, and administration activities of new and existing employee benefits accounts of the Company.
- Responsible for client retention and building strong relationships with client personnel. Maintain a thorough understanding of client’s business, insurance objectives, and benefit program.
- Daily management of assigned client accounts, including but not limited to, claims questions, administrative issues, client requests, and technology needs. Work independently and with the Producer, based on the client needs.
- Market new business/renewal accounts, review quotes, prepare new business and renewal proposals/spreadsheets, reports and supplemental sales materials for presentation to prospects and clients. Discuss with Producer as needed.
- Create and prepare open enrollment materials, communication pieces and PowerPoint presentations, as determined necessary for the client.
- Conduct client presentations, renewal and open enrollment meetings, in the absence of the Producer.
- Planning, implementation and carrier coordination of employee meetings for new/renewal plans, completion of new business/carrier change application forms and ensure a smooth implementation process.
- Provide recap of meeting/conference call notes to Producer
- Responsible for maintaining current and accurate client information in the client Agency Management System, Benefit Point and/or BUS, for assigned clients.
- Review compliance requirements with client and provide timely legislative updates.
- Obtain claim reports for monthly, quarterly and/or semi-annual claims analysis, based on availability from carrier.
- Responsible for implementation of Client Service Plan calls/quarterly meetings, mid-year reports, as deemed necessary.
- Ensure clients with over 100 employees understand 5500 filing and compliance criteria.
- Contribute to the enhancement of client services/sales and maintain a familiarity with industry developments and changes with insurance carriers and both Federal and State laws.
- Attend and complete all training sessions required by client Corporate or Management.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Other responsibilities/duties as assigned or requested by Management.
- Three years of experience in employee benefits account management; preferably at a broker agency.
- Valid current Life/Health license required.
- Familiarity with state and federal compliance regulations and industry trends/best practices.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Agency Management Systems such as BenefitPoint, Brokerage Builder, EPIC.
- Proficient in the use of virtual meeting software, such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and GotoMeeting.
- Knowledge of underwriting principals, alternative funding arrangements and self-funding, a plus.
- Ability to analyze claims and renewal data for large fully-insured and self-funded accounts.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish.
Our client provides Work-Life balance. The benefits package allows you to manage your health, wellness, and financial future.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Plan Reimbursement Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life and Disability Plans
- Long-Term Care
- Identity Theft, Group Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet Insurance and many more!
- Low-Cost Loan Program and Student Loan Resources
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Personal Time Off
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Continuing Education
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Dress for Your Day Dress-Code