Senior Marketing Specialist - Group Benefits – Hybrid (Virginia)
Our client is a top ten nationwide insurance broker and employs more than 10,000 risk professionals. Their mission is to be the best and most respected independent insurance intermediary in the nation, with over 70 years of continuous service. The client is ranked as the seventh largest such organization in the United States and in the World by Business Insurance magazine. Work on a hybrid basis either in Northern Virginia, Richmond, or Virginia Beach locations.
Come work with the best of the best!
Position Summary: Work closely with Producers and Account Executives for placement of new business and middle/large renewal business when needed.
- Develop and foster quality relationships with clients, teammates and carrier partners.
- Establish strategies for winning new business with Sales Leader and Producers.
- Implement Transition meetings with AE, AM, and Producer when new accounts are written.
- Refine marketing process & standards.
- Interpret, analyze and negotiate coverage based on individual client needs.
- Rate and prepare quotations upon request in a timely, efficient, accurate and organized manner. Maintain a working knowledge of carrier products and underwriting guidelines.
- Review and resolve policy and coverage-related concerns for clients.
- Compile and create proposals, summaries and additional analytical documents as requested.
- Schedule meetings with carrier partners to discuss capabilities and goal-setting, monitoring results at requested intervals.
- Assist in training of potential Producers or Account Management staff, as directed.
- Review carrier production results. Research and implement Marketing automation tools as needed.
- Consistently meet all client’s established quality control procedures and timelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Marketing Leader position is responsible for working collaboratively with Employee Benefits Leader, Producers and insurance company partners to obtain and analyze employee benefits insurance quotes for agency clients and prospects.
The ML's primary responsibility is to ensure that clients and prospects are presented with accurate and reliable information that represents the best terms and conditions available in the insurance marketplace. The behavioral or work characteristic requirements listed below are the skills, knowledge and abilities the position requires:
- Ensure Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues.
- Attracts and Develops Top Talent: Attracts, selects and develops the best talent to meet both current and future career and organizational goals.
- Communicates Effectively
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ year of experience in the insurance industry with a strong emphasis in employee benefits insurance preferred.
- College degree preferred but not required with appropriate work experience.
- Life and Health insurance license.
- Proficient with management operating systems that support insurance sales, tracking and service.
- Proficient with Microsoft Tools, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience; up to $110k for the right candidate
- Stock Bonuses
- Department and Company-wide cash bonuses
- Commissions on new, cross-selling and incremental selling
- Extraordinary Executive Benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
Opportunity to work for a growing, stable company