This company provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Their employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. The company culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
They are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. The company is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
They have an opening for an Environmental Engineer in one of their Bay Area offices. The successful candidate will have substantial recent experience managing and performing environmental due diligence phase projects, engineering investigations, risk evaluations, and vapor mitigation system design in California. As a part of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for task and project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, report preparation, managing site investigations, and managing proposals and billings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Related experience in environmental engineering investigation, risk evaluation, and design for vapor mitigation systems;
- Experience conducting and managing Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment tasks and projects including drilling observation, sampling, and well installation;
- Knowledge of potential contaminants of concern and exposure pathways (e.g., chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, fuel additives, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, heavy metals and emerging contaminants);
- Knowledge of Federal and California vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation guidance;
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of California regulations, CERCLA and RCRA;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Ability to prepare effective proposals and cost estimates;
- Ability to effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Ability to manage and mentor staff;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Word and Excel;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- Ability to travel to and work in any of the Bay Area offices;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday.
The company is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. They provide a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
They offer flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!