Work that rewards you.
The North West Company currently has exciting opportunities for full-time, permanent employment in retail stores across the North. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where your experience and work ethic are appreciated and rewarded. With The North West Company, you’re encouraged to learn and grow on the job and to explore the beauty and the culture of the communities in which we live and work.
The North West Company offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Allowances for both food and accommodation
- Paid training
Opportunities to join our team in the following departments:
- Produce Department Manager
- Food Service Department Manager
- Grocery Department Manager
- Meat Department Manager
- Administration Department Manager
- Bakery Department Manager
Department Managers play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the retail store, which provides valuable service to the community and its people.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and properly presented to maximize sales and profits
- Share your knowledge, experience, and best practices to create team spirit across the departments.
- Achieve maximum sales and impact seasonal events, planning well and react to changes in weather, driving opportunities.
- Control inventory level by ordering product weekly. Maintain a competitive lead in the community.
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the department and take action as required to address issues;
- Ensure store policies and procedures are communicated to department employees, and maintain great quality products for customers by ensuring your team follows correct product handling;
Skills and Qualifications
We’re looking for professional, organized workers who have a healthy sense of adventure and a strong knowledge and experience base.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume grocery/retail environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of NWC's customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC's vision, mission, values and strategies
- Highly motivated and adventurous with an appreciation for small town life in a culturally diverse setting considered an asset
We’d love to hear from all workers who are motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in multiple communities across the North. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MULTIPLE MARKETS IN THE NORTHERNMOST REGIONS OF ALBERTA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, MANITOBA, ONTARIO, SASKATCHEWAN, QUEBEC, NUNAVUT, AND NORTHWEST TERRITORIES. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE NORTH WEST COMPANY.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR NORTHERN COMMUNITIES, RELOCATED EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO MANDATORY 14 DAY ISOLATION PERIOD.
The North West Company is proud to serve and support communities in Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food, and our goal is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs.