The Invest Ottawa Talent (Pilot) Program aims to help growing Ottawa firms to attract, develop and retain the top tech and business talent required to thrive, compete and succeed in the global market. As lead economic development agency for knowledge-based industries in Canada’s Capital, Invest Ottawa is committed to addressing Ottawa’s talent shortage, and helping companies address key talent challenges, accelerate business growth, and create new jobs that fuel our economy.
Leveraging technology, knowhow and capabilities in talent management strategy, sourcing and employer branding, the IO Talent Program equips Ottawa’s fast-growing startups, scaleups and SMEs with a talent advantage by providing coaching and mentorship; access to global tech expertise; and talent solutions and support for every stage of growth. Integrated within its broader suite of venture development and global expansion programs and services for companies, the IO Talent Program leverages Invest Ottawa’s Work in Ottawa and Why Ottawa campaigns to help drive the attraction and retention of top talent and showcase why Ottawa is the best place to learn, work, live, and play. To learn more, visit www.workinottawa.ca.
We’re looking for an iOS/Android developer who will take a key role on our client’s team. As an iOS/Android developer, you will be an integral contributor to a team responsible for the frontend development of a world class consumer IoT product.
· iOS/Android application development using Swift/Kotlin
· Design, develop and test front end software components in an Agile environment
· Architect extendable and reusable solutions
· Perform performance analysis and optimization
· Document software designs and interfaces
· Bug fixing and maintenance
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Expert level iOS/Android mobile development experience
· 2+ years’ production experience with Swift / Kotlin
· 2+ years’ production experience using Xcode and Android Studio
· 4+ years’ experience of C++, Java, C#
· Experience with REST API services
· Proven experience working with Agile methodology, CI/CD
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards partner with clients who are equal opportunity employers. We invite and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations at any point in our hiring process are available upon request.