Exciting, fast-growing companies across Ottawa’s technology industries are hiring. The team at Invest Ottawa is helping them find talent (like you) to fill their open positions.
Apply for this job and join Invest Ottawa’s Talent Program as a candidate in our talent pool. Your resume will be reviewed, and your application considered for job opportunities. If there’s a match based on your experience and qualifications, our team will be in touch.
To confirm: By applying for this job, you are not applying for a position with Invest Ottawa. You are applying for a position with one of Invest Ottawa clients, an Ottawa-based, scaling technology firm.
Experienced Generalist Programmer
If you’re a seasoned C++/C# programmer with a passion for games, we’ve got a golden opportunity for you in The Nation’s Capital. Ottawa’s largest game development studio, is looking for passionate, curious and versatile people looking to apply their skills in all aspects of game development. You will be in a creative, supportive environment and will have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games. If you can picture yourself taking on many different programming challenges, keep reading, it gets better!
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios to bring their games to realization
- Designing, implementing, and debugging game features
- Working on game toolsets and pipelines
- Analyzing and optimizing runtimes
- Collaborating on systems and tools to help designers implement their creative vision
- Building a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
- Supporting your team mates to accomplish goals
Cool people we’re looking for:
- 3-10 years professional experience
- Advanced programming skills in C++ and C# with strong understanding of the fundamentals
- Emphasizes a deeper understanding of what the code is doing, not just that it works
- Experience with game engines such as Unity 3D and Unreal Engine
- Experience working in large codebases
- Understands how to analyze and optimize code
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable with vector and matrix math
- Good with algorithms
- Understands various design patterns and their benefits/draw backs
- Open-minded and team oriented
- Curious and always learning
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Major plus for your XP in the following areas:
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development
- Shipped game(s)
- Experience working directly with external clients
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards partner with clients who are equal opportunity employers. We invite and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations at any point in our hiring process are available upon request.