Tax Associate - Alpharetta, GA
The Tax Associate will assist in preparation of both individual and business tax return and ensures compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations under CPA/EA supervision. The Tax Associate assists Practice Leader on appropriate tax strategies for individual and organizations. The Tax Associate will be responsible for managing their work flow and serves as a consultant/adviser of non-tax personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparation federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing and formatting financial information.
- Complies with federal, state, local and SEC requirements by studying regulations; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions; communicating with attorneys, tax specialists and company clients to ensure timely tax reporting.
- Be able to resolve clients tax issues on federal, state and local levels.
- Prepares financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business required.
CPA-track or EA required. Ability to obtain PTIN.
2-5 years of experience in personal and closely held business tax preparation experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical tax issues with non-tax personnel and clients alike.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ultratax and Practice CS experience a big plus.
QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online experience a plus.
Excellent Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook experience required.
Click here to apply online