Our client, with locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Irvine, CA and New Orleans is seeking experienced Billing Specialist to join their team. Work can be performed out of any of these officesDuties Include:
The Billing Specialist will have responsibility for managing and executing billing and coordinating eBilling. The Specialist must be service oriented and can work easily with a broad range of people and companies, including frequent and ongoing contact with firm attorneys, staff and clients. The Specialist must possess experience in billing and finance. This is not an information technology position, but candidate must be technologically savvy with the ability to learn and use billing software, collections software, and eBilling programs. The Specialist must be organized and can perform duties without constant monitoring but must also keep direct supervisor and firm management updated frequently.
- Prepare prebills and/or drafts in proper format, at the beginning of each billing cycle for all assigned attorneys and verify that prebills capture all unbilled time. Log and distribute same to assigned attorneys for editing.
- Log returned and edited prebills/drafts, then perform edits in Prebill Viewer/Aderant (time & billing software). Ensure adherence to client billing guidelines and attorney preferences. Ensure attorney adherence to internal protocols (e.g., billing or collection write off approvals, sending reminders to attorneys regarding deadlines).
- Prepare and print finals for attorney signature. Log and distribute same to attorneys. Once approval is secured for finalizing, send to finance for posting. After receiving verification of posting from finance then mail paper invoices, eBill or email client for payment.
- Track and research unapplied credit and trust balances monthly. Upon approval from client and attorney or department manager, apply to invoices or request refund checks as appropriate. Notify finance of client or matter updates to contacts, billing guidelines, etc.
- Access and update eBilling vendor sites for clients.
- Assist all offices regarding billing procedures, use of billing software and eBilling software as needed.
- Assist billing department and accounting department as needed.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of the firm business process and business operations.
- Knowledge of Excel and ability to create and maintain spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the firm’s goals and objectives.
- 5 years billing, preferably with a law firm.
- Aderant legal billing software experience is preferred but not required.
If interested please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online